There Is A House Here
In There Is A House Here, Alan tells a “fish out of water”. The fish is himself, an urban Jew. The environment strange to him is the damaged culture of Inuit in the high Arctic.
It's the third world up here...
Despite a long and frank email relationship with Inuk heavy-metal rocker Lucie Idlout, Alan finds himself unable to truly understand why Canada’s aboriginal people cannot “get over” the injuries of colonialism. With Lucie as his guide, Alan Zweig goes to Nunavut, a place that admittedly frightens him, in the hope of having his skepticism defeated and gaining some answers to bring back to his “equally ignorant countrymen”.
Feature Documentary | TVO | 2017
- Toronto International Film Festival, 2017
- Whistler Film Festival, 2017
- Gimme Some Truth Documentary Film Festival, 2017
- Tromsø International Film Festival, 2018
- Greenland Society, 2018
- Belleville DocFest, 2018
- Beijing International Film Festival, 2018
- Nickel Independent Film Festival, 2018
- Honourable Mention for World Documentary, Whistler Film Festival